Genius Hour 1.3

 Hello, and welcome back to the third week of Genius Hour! My action plan is still going accordingly, and I'm very happy about it. This week I made Rachel Kelly a set of jewelry including a necklace, earrings, and a bracelet/anklet. She had a 4 bead pattern with a star pendant in the middle for a little something extra (pictured below). This one was really fun to make except on one of the earrings I dropped the wire and all the beads fell on our floor. My mother was not very happy about that one, but overall that task of making the set took about an hour or more. It helps to make the wire longer than you need because you never want to be short and that's what I experienced with the earrings. Well, that is it for this weeks genius hour, see you again next week! 





 Last week when I made Skyler that necklace she had told me that the ring and clasp had broke off which should be an easy fix. This had been my first mishap with the necklaces, and it probably won't be the last, but I'll keep getting better as I go! Next week I will be making a variety of lengths of necklaces, see you then! 

Comments

  1. Looks like your getting the hang of it! Is it challenging to put each little bead on there? Do you use any tools to help you put them on the wire, like tweezers? How long did it take you to make this set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, did you have a clever way of picking up all the beads that spilled? I would love some advice about that because I don't bead, but I have dropped/spilled tiny items.

    The jewelry looks great. I am sure your friends are enjoying your Genius Hour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see that your jewelry is turning out so well! When you make them for other people do they have to pay? Are you going to start a business from your success?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're jewelry is getting better and better! Absolutely love the necklace you gave me! I love that you've started doing earrings as well! How long does it take you to make these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you make the beads do you use some sort of template to hold them down or do you just put them directly onto string?
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genius Hour 1.5