Genius Hour 1.2
Welcome back to another blog this week! My action plan is still going accordingly by picking out patterns, and of course making the jewelry:) However, I've found that my clasps aren't working very well. I have been using lobster clasps, and I think that I need to switch to twisting clasps. The lobster clasps are nice and all, but trying to hook them onto the rings on the other end is a challenge and gets easily stuck. This is because once I bend the ring so it doesn't fall apart the part bent together gets stuck. This causes it to be difficult to latch the necklace. Anyways, I had a really fun time making Skyler a necklace (picture below). The pattern was really nice, and gives me a good combination of what colors can really look good together. Hopefully she will give me feedback, and let me know what I can do to improve my jewelry making skills. That was about it for this weeks genius hour and blog, see you next week!
Next week I plan on making a full set of jewelry! ex. necklace, bracelet, and earrings.
This is Maddie! I think your Genius Hour project is going great and you have an organized plan on what you will be doing each week. In your blog, you discussed a problem you encountered that involved the clasps. You were forced to face the problem and find a solution. Who gave you the idea to try twisting clasps? Overall, I think your necklace turned out great and I would love one in the future!
ReplyDeleteThis is Ilyssa! I am very impressed with your ability to make changes, such as changing clasps. It is important to recognize something that might be wrong and fix it, so you can overall better your jewelry. How long does did it take to make the necklace? Is it time consuming? Are there any more challenges you have come across?
ReplyDelete